Website Meridian Agriculture
Independent Integrated Innovative
- Large scale Wool, Prime Lamb and Cattle focus
- Progressive team environment
- Casterton Region
We invite applications from experienced persons for the role of Senior Station Hand on our client’s 8000 acre property in the Casterton region. This new role will be vital in utilising progressive livestock management systems for wool, prime lamb and beef production.
Reporting to the Overseer or Manager, you will assist in all day to day operations, ensuring the production system is as efficient as possible. Working as part of an established team that will be encouraged to contribute your ideas, you will be a part of making sure that all stock are performing per targets set and all husbandry is carried out to high standards.
To be considered for this role, you will need:
- Excellent experience working with both Sheep and Cattle production
- Experience working in a similar role or a Station Hand looking for the next step up
- The ability to take note of irregularities, observe and communicate to appropriate stakeholders
- An attitude and motivation to think in the best interest for the business
- A solid employment history that points to this role being your obvious next step
- A current Drivers Licence is essential
- Well trained working dogs suitable for stock work
A three bedroom house on farm will be offered to the right person, alongside a competitive salary package to compensate for the experience you bring to the business and professional development opportunities for future growth.
Please click apply to with reference to position number 1661. For further information or for a confidential conversation call Gilles at Meridian Agriculture on 03 5341 6100.