Website Meridian Agriculture
Independent Integrated Innovative
- Maternal Prime lamb and Angus Cattle focus
- Mortlake, Vic region
Our client runs a maternal prime lamb and cattle business located near Mortlake. Due to the growth strategy being implemented, we invite applications from experienced persons for the role of Farm Hand on their 4500 acre property.
Reporting to the Manager, you will be hands on and involved with all aspects of stock management, contractor liaising and general property maintenance.
You will enjoy working autonomously and working as part of a small team, so you will enjoy the comradery while working through the varying tasks. The business is growing and you will be constantly on the move, so attention to detail and the ability to adapt to change will be important.
To be considered you will have:
- Solid livestock husbandry skills and experience working in a similar role
- Well trained working dogs
- Energy and enthusiasm to work under high pressure and time demands as you work closely with the manager to develop the business to its full potential
- Some heavy machinery operation and experience desirable but not essential
- Ability to communicate to different stakeholders across the business
A suitable home will be provided to the successful applicant in nearby Mortlake or Warrnambool. This is an exciting opportunity with an above average salary on offer.
Coupled with professional development opportunities for the right person, looking to enhance and improve their knowledge and skills to further their career in agriculture.
Please click the apply link with reference to position number 1510. For a confidential conversation, call Gilles at Meridian Agriculture on 03 5341 6100.